Kenya visa are available as following...
Kenya tourist e visa is valid for 90 days after the issue of date. And you can use your own e-visa for only a single entry. There can stay a maximum 90 days. When you enter Kenya once you can easily renew your tourist visa in the country. This visa will be renewed for a maximum stay of six months.
This visa is valid for 72 hours meaning only for three days, no more than valid for three. Transit visa is a single entry letter.
Kenya business visa is even valid for 90 days. You can stay up to 90 days in the country.
What is an E-Visa?
This e-visa is an official document issued by the Kenyan Immigration Department in PDF format. It permits visitors to enter and stay in Kenya through a selected port of entry.
The traveller applies for the visa by filling out an online form.
And once issued, the traveller can stay in Kenya for 90 days maximum.
Activities allowed with the Kenyan online visa are travelling, medical treatment, meeting friends and relatives, business activities, and holidays.
Who can apply for an e-visa?
Anyone who wants to visit Kenya for a short stay, treatment, or business purposes can apply for an e-visa. All foreign travellers intending to enter Kenya for a short trip must obtain an e-visa.
Those travellers who couldn't apply for a formal visa at an embassy and need the visa urgently can also apply for an e-visa and get it within 24 hours.
Kenya e-Visa Processing:
There are three types of e-visa options that one can avail to obtain an entry permit to Kenya.
Normal: The visa costs () and applicant get their e-visa within () working days.
Rush: The visa costs () and applicant get their e-visa within () working days.
Super Rush: The visa costs () and applicant get their e-visa within () working days.
The super Rush emergency visa can be issued within 5 hours.
Types of Kenyan e-Visa
Single Entry e-Visa: It is ideal for travellers who want to visit Kenya for health, business or tourism purposes.
Transit e-Visa: This e-Visa is issued to travellers who need to transit through Kenya to other countries and need to stay within the Kenyan territories for no more than 72 hours.
Courtesy e-Visa: This e-Visa is issued to travellers who need to travel or visit Kenya on official duties.
Kenyan e-Visa Requirements
In order to apply for e-Visa for Kenya, you need to fulfil the following requirements:
- You must have a valid passport with up to 6 months remaining in its expiry. The passport should stay valid for six months starting from the date you arrived in Kenya.
- The passport must have two empty pages to get entry and exit stamps at the border.
- A valid email address to receive e-Visa.
- A return ticket to show at the port of entry.
Guideline for e-visa for Kenya
- The e-Visa for Kenya is usually a visa for single entry and allows a maximum stay of 90 days in Kenya. However, e-Visa holders can also extend their stay after they reached in Kenya.
- The e-visa for Kenya is valid up to 3 months for entry in Kenya (the validity starts from the date of issue of e-visa).
- Applicants can apply for emergency e-visa as well. The processing time and cost of which will vary as per the nationality and purpose of visit.
- The Kenya e-Visa application cannot be processed during Kenyan National Holidays.
- Engaging in some form of employment or business is not permissible with an e-Visa unless you obtain a legal permit.
- Travellers aged 16 or below do not need to submit a visa application, and only valid transport documents are required at the time of entry in Kenya.
- Having an e-Visa is surely not a final authority to enter into the Republic of Kenya.
- Without a passport, the traveller cannot get an entry permit to Kenya. However, if a traveller has a national ID card, then he/she should apply through Kenyan Immigration Services.