Different Types of Visas Available for Mauritius
Foreign nationals can obtain a Mauritius visa for business, tourism, and other purposes. Some can get a Visa on Arrival for 14 or 60 days by presenting required documents at the airport. Mauritius visas and extensions are free of charge. There are several types of visas available for Mauritius, depending on the purpose of your visit. These include :-
- Mauritius Tourist Visa
- Mauritius Business Visa
- Mauritius Student Visa
- Mauritius Transit Visa
- Mauritius Residence Permits
- Mauritius Employment Residence Permit
- Mauritius Student Residence Permit
- Mauritius Spouse Residence Permit
Requirements for Obtaining a Mauritius Visa
To obtain a Mauritius visa, you will need to provide several documents, including:-
- Valid passport with at least six months validity from the intended date of entry
- Completed visa application form
- Proof of travel arrangements, such as a confirmed round-trip ticket
- Proof of accommodation in Mauritius, such as a hotel reservation
- Sufficient funds to cover your stay in Mauritius
- Medical clearance certificate (for some types of visa)
- Police clearance certificate (for some types of visa)
- Travel insurance (for some types of visa)
- Payment of visa fees.
Minor applicants must submit these documents:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of parents' passports
- Notarized letter of consent from non-traveling parent(s) or legal guardians
Duration of Mauritius Visa Validity
The validity of your Mauritius visa will depend on the type of visa you have applied for. Tourist visas are typically valid for up to 90 days, while business visas can be valid for up to 120 days.
Guide to Completing the Mauritius Online Visa Application Form
The Mauritius online visa application form is a simple and straightforward process. You will need to provide personal and travel information, as well as upload supporting documents. Once you have submitted your application, you can track the status of your visa online.
How to Apply for a Mauritius Visa Upon Arrival
If you are eligible, you can apply for a Mauritius visa upon arrival at the airport. You will need to provide your passport, a completed visa application form, and a return ticket. The visa fee must be paid in cash.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a Mauritius Visa
To apply for a Mauritius visa, first determine which type of visa you need: eVisa, regular visa, or visa on arrival. Then, gather the required documents and submit your application through the appropriate channel. Wait for processing and receive your visa if approved.
How to Apply for a Mauritius eVisa Online
Here's how to apply for a Mauritius eVisa online:
- Visit the official website of the Mauritius eVisa application system
- Fill out the online application form with your personal and travel details
- Upload the required supporting documents
- Pay the visa fee using a credit or debit card
- Receive the eVisa via email once approved.
Applying for a Mauritius Visa at an Embassy or Consulate
Here's how to apply for a Mauritius visa at an embassy or consulate:
- Visit the nearest Mauritius embassy or consulate
- Obtain and fill out the visa application form
- Prepare the required supporting documents
- Pay the visa fee
- Attend an interview, if required
- Receive your visa once approved.
Processing Time for Mauritius Visa Applications
The processing time for Mauritius visa applications can vary depending on the type of visa.
- Normal processing time for a Mauritius visa application is usually 5-7 working days
- Rush processing time for a visa application is 3 working days
- Super rush processing time for a visa application is 1 working day
It is recommended to apply for a visa well in advance of your planned travel dates.
Urgent Mauritius Visa Application: What You Need to Know
If you need your Mauritius visa urgently, you can request an expedited processing time. Rush processing takes 3 working days, while super rush takes only 1 working day. This may come with an additional fee.
What to Do If Your Mauritius Visa Has Expired
If your Mauritius visa has expired, you will need to apply for a new visa to enter the country. It is important to ensure that you have a valid visa before traveling to Mauritius.