American Embassy in Freetown, Sierra Leone
Weather : Temp: ° C, , Wind m/s, hpa
You will find information such as contact info, email, website address, opening hours and direction to the American Embassy in Freetown. The Embassy helps the government of United States of America to maintain cordial economic, political, cultural, social and other transnational ties with the government of Sierra Leone.
Consulate services including visa, passport, document legalization, emergency travel document and assistance, and so on are provided by the embassy and/or consulate. Be sure to contact them ahead on how to book an appointment or be properly directed.
Appointment booking can be done via phone call during the official opening hours. The consulate may have dedicated support for United States of America in Sierra Leone, or prioritize their appointments
Visa and Passport
If you want to know more about the types of Visas for your travel to United States of America or more information, you can get more information United States of America Visa.
Visa types granted by the United States of America are;
- United States of America Emergency Visa (on Holidays/Weekends)
- United States of America Visa for Diplomatic/official/ Laissez-Passers Passport Holder
- United States of America Visa for individuals working in designated US Agencies or technology areas
- United States of America Tourist Visa
- United States of America Business Visa
- United States of America Employment Visa
- United States of America Transit Visa
- United States of America Medical Visa
- United States of America Student Visa (Study/Research/Internship)
- United States of America Entry Visa
- United States of America Conference Visa
- United States of America Mountaineering Visa
- United States of America Missionary Visa
- United States of America Journalist Visa(Journalist/Documentary filming)
- United States of America Film Visa: Visa for shooting Feature Films
Here are some ESTA articles that might help you.
Due to travel-related expenses like emergency evacuation, medical bills, and costs related to trip cancellation and interruption, a valid travel insurance is crucial when traveling to Afghanistan. Get a Travel insurance quote.
United States of America Representation in Sierra Leone
United States of America is well represented in Sierra Leone by American Embassy in Freetown . The Embassy is located in the capital city of Sierra Leone and may (may not) provide the same services of the consulate located in another city. It is crucial to call for direction.
Sierra Leone Representation in United States of America
Sierra Leone is also well represented in United States of America by Sierra Leonean Embassy in WashingtonSierra Leonean Honorary Consulate in AtlantaSierra Leonean Honorary Consulate in HoustonSierra Leonean Honorary Consulate in Los Angeles . The Sierra Leone Embassy is located in the capital city of United States of America and may (may not) provide the same services of the Sierra Leone consulate located in another city. It is crucial to call for direction.
United States of America and Sierra Leone Representation in the World
Both countries have good bilateral relationships and they are well represented in different countries around the world. United States of America has 302 Embassies and Consulates worldwide while Sierra Leone has 52 Embassies and Consulates worldwide.
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease the American Embassy in Freetown could have adjusted its office hours or services. Please do confirm personally.
Extensive research was done to put correct information on this page, also note that we frequently check and make sure this page is always up-to-date. However, we will not accept responsibility or liability for any mistake or omission on any of the information contained on this page.
* It might case this information is no longer correct, please help us to Update Embassy Information.
The purpose of your intended travel (Tourist, Business, Studies or etc) and other facts will determine what type of visa is required under United States of America immigration law. As a visa applicant, you will need to establish that you meet all requirements to receive the category of visa for which you are applying.