- News >
- Ethiopia Tourist Visa
Ethiopia Tourist Visa
Tourist Visa is for all those visitors who plan on visiting Ethiopia for the purpose of tourism or other purposes except for any business-related purpose.
Ethiopia Tourist Visa Eligibility
Foreigners from all over the world can visit Ethiopia for the purpose of tourism if they meet the requirements below
Ethiopia Tourist Visa Requirements
You should submit copies of the following documents, which are mandatory
- A passport-size photo recently taken
- Passport of the applicant with a validity of a minimum of 6 months from the intended entry date to the country
Three days is the processing time for an Ethiopian tourist visa in normal conditions, so you should submit your application at least 3 days before the estimated arrival date.
Duration and Validity
The validity of a single-entry tourist visa is up to 90 days, starting from the country's intended arrival date. If, for some reason, the arrival date changes, the applicant should contact the e-Visa Support Team. They can contact us for adjusting the visa's validity period
Ethiopia Tourist Visa Extension
You should visit the Head Office of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (the Immigration, Nationality, and Vital Events Agency) for an extension in your visa. If you stay for longer than the implied validity, you will be subject to legal penalties and fines
Ethiopia Tourist Visa Fee
Following is the Ethiopia visa fee an applicant must pay for a Tourist Visa
- The fee of single entry for a maximum duration of 30 days is --- USD
- The fee of single entry for a maximum duration of 90 days is --- USD
Ethiopia Tourist Visa FAQs
- Will the manual visa services of Ethiopian embassies and visa-on-arrival end after online visa facilities?
No, the facilities for the Ethiopian embassies will still be valid after the online visa application and you can get your visa-on-arrival from the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport based on your eligibility as well.
- What is the minimum time for processing the visa?
The Ethiopian visa can take up to three working days on average if no uncertainty occurs.
- Is it compulsory to provide a properly scanned copy of my passport?
You can use a scanned passport, a camera-clicked photo of your passport and convert it into the supported format, or you can provide a residence permit instead of the scanned passport.
- What do I do if I do not receive a confirmation mail for the processing of my e-visa?
If you do not receive a confirmation mail, chances are that the mail ended in the spam box or the junk of your mails. If you can still not find the mail then it is best to contact and inform the issue.
- Is it possible to contact an Ethiopian embassy to track my e-visa?
No, you can only check your e-visa status online or via email.
- Is a transit visa compulsory to enter Ethiopia?
If you are planning to stay on the airport premises, a transit visa is not required.
- Is it better to get an e-visa over traditional?
Yes, the e-visa process saves you the time, effort, and struggle of going to the embassy. You can also get your visa by mail without having to leave the house.
- Why was my application rejected?
If a request is rejected, you will only be informed of the rejection and not the reason.
- Is my processing fee refunded if my application gets rejected?
No, the fee is a one-time payment for the process and does not guarantee the visa status.
- What is my visa’s validity date?
Your visa is considered valid from your expected time of entry in Ethiopia.
- Can I edit my information after inserting it?
No, the application does not provide the option to edit. If you entered something wrong, you cannot change it after confirming the process.
- How do I check if my visa was approved or rejected?
You can check the status of your e-visa on the official website or an approval or rejection letter will be sent to your email address.