Visa Requirements for Lithuania: Do You Need One and How to Obtain It:
Here's the important information about Lithuania visa exemptions:
- Citizens from EU/EEA and Schengen countries do not need a visa to enter Lithuania.
- Citizens from countries with a visa-free agreement with Schengen, including the US, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, and Tunisia, also do not need a visa to enter Lithuania.
- Non-EU/EEA citizens require a visa for working and studying in Lithuania.
Ease of Obtaining a Lithuania Visa:
Lithuania has a high acceptance rate of 98.7% for Schengen visas, making it the easiest country in Europe to obtain a visa. Only 1.3% of applications are rejected. Setting an appointment is easy and quick, as there are not many visa applicants throughout the year.
Types of Lithuania Visas Explained:
Lithuania visas fall into two categories: Short-stay (up to 90 days) and Long-stay (more than 90 days). Each has subcategories based on the purpose of travel. Depending on your purpose and duration of travel, you must apply for the appropriate visa type.
- Lithuania Schengen Visa
- Lithuania Tourist Visa
- Lithuania Business Visit Visa
- Lithuania Cultural, Scientific or Sports Visa
- Lithuania Study (Up to 90 days) Visa
- Lithuania Family or Friends Visit Visa
- Lithuania Truck Drivers Visa
- Lithuania National Visa
- Lithuania Work Visa
- Lithuania Study (Long-term) Visa
Lithuania Visa Requirements: What You Need to Know:
Here's what you need to know about Lithuania visa requirements:
- A valid passport with at least 3 months validity beyond the intended stay in Lithuania.
- A completed visa application form.
- Two recent passport-size photos.
- Proof of travel medical insurance.
- Proof of financial means to support the trip.
- Proof of accommodation in Lithuania.
- Travel itinerary, including confirmed round-trip flight tickets.
- For business visa applicants, an invitation letter from the inviting company in Lithuania is required.
- For study visa applicants, an acceptance letter from a recognized Lithuanian educational institution is required.
- Other supporting documents as required based on the purpose of travel and type of visa.
Please note that the requirements may vary depending on the type of visa and the country of application.
Validity of a Lithuania Visa:
The validity of a Lithuania visa depends on the type of visa you obtain. Schengen visas are typically valid for up to 90 days within a 180-day period. National visas and long-term visas have different validity periods.
Understanding the Online Lithuania Visa Application Form:
The online Lithuania visa application form is a convenient way to apply for a visa from anywhere in the world. You will need to provide personal information, travel details, and upload supporting documents.
How to Apply for a Lithuania Visa: Step-by-Step Guide:
This is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Lithuania visa online or at an embassy/consulate:
Applying for a Lithuania Visa Online (Lithuania eVisa):
The Lithuania eVisa is an online visa application system that allows you to apply for a visa without visiting a Lithuanian embassy or consulate. You can apply for a Schengen visa or a national visa through the eVisa system.
Here are the steps to apply for a Lithuania eVisa:
- Check if you are eligible for a Lithuania eVisa.
- Visit the official website for Lithuania eVisa application.
- Fill out the online application form with accurate and complete information.
- Upload all the required documents as per the instructions provided.
- Pay the eVisa processing fee using a valid payment method.
- Submit the application.
- Wait for the eVisa processing time to receive a decision on your application.
- If your eVisa is approved, download and print a copy of the eVisa.
Applying for a Lithuania Visa at an Embassy or Consulate:
If you prefer to apply for a visa in person, you can do so at a Lithuanian embassy or consulate in your home country. You'll need to make an appointment and bring all required documents.
Here are the steps to apply for a Lithuania visa at an embassy or consulate:
- Determine the type of visa you need based on your purpose of travel.
- Check the requirements and gather all the necessary documents.
- Fill out the visa application form online or obtain a hard copy from the embassy/consulate.
- Schedule an appointment for a visa interview at the embassy/consulate.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Attend the visa interview with all the required documents and the visa application fee receipt.
- Wait for the visa processing time to receive a decision on your application.
- If your visa is approved, collect your passport with the visa stamp from the embassy/consulate.
What to Do If Your Lithuania Visa Application Is Refused:
If your Lithuania visa application is refused, you can appeal the decision or reapply with additional supporting documents. It's important to carefully review the reasons for refusal and address any concerns in your new application.
Processing Time for a Lithuania Visa: How Long Does It Take?
The processing time for a Lithuania visa can vary depending on the type of visa and the embassy or consulate where you apply. Schengen visas typically take up to 15 days to process, while national visas can take up to two months.
Here are the details for each processing option:
- Normal processing: This is the standard processing time for a Lithuania visa application. It can take anywhere from 10-15 days for a decision to be made on the application.
- Rush processing: For those who need their visa quickly, there is an option for rush processing. This option can shorten the processing time to 5-7 business days.
- Super rush processing: In urgent situations, super rush processing can be requested. This option can provide a decision on the visa application within 2-3 business days.
Urgent Lithuania Visa Application: Is It Possible?
Yes, it is possible to request an urgent Lithuania visa application. The Lithuanian authorities offer a super rush processing option which can provide a decision on the visa application within 2-3 business days.
This option is recommended for those who need their visa quickly, such as for urgent business travel or medical emergencies. It's important to note that the super rush processing option may come with additional fees, so applicants should be prepared to pay extra for this service.
Expired Lithuania Visa: What to Do Next
If your Lithuania visa has expired, you will need to leave the country and apply for a new visa if necessary. Overstaying your visa can result in penalties and future travel restrictions.
Extending Your Lithuania Visa: Guidelines and Procedures
- If you need to stay in Lithuania for a longer period, you can apply for an extension of your visa.
- You must submit your application for extension at least 15 days before your current visa expires.
- The decision to grant an extension is made by the Migration Department of Lithuania.
- The extension is granted for a maximum of 90 days, and the fee for the application is 60 EUR.